Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Hero

My parents have been hit by the intestinal flu bug and since we had just spent time with them I am a tad concerned. I can do many thing with a sick child, but puke and the runs are not near the top of the list.

So at this date A has a cold with a cough, but nothing more. I however woke up this morning running to the bathroom. I would like to add that this happened right after A came into my bed coughing at 5:30 AM. By 6:00 we were both downstairs resting. Without A in the room B actually slept in till 7:30! This is huge but again caused me a bit of concern since she never does that. Is she sick too? Will she be upset that it is so late? Should I wake her? She is not sick, but was not happy to wake up late. B is not the morning person like A is. Her smile and good mood take a few hours to come out.

Not able to take the tears and such I asked if she just wanted to stay home today. I could use the help and in case she got sick I did not want to have to go get her from school. Plus, no kid likes to puke at school for real. Fake it sure, but not for real. I was surprised again to hear that B did want to stay home. Fine, no problem. Will this turn out to also be a mistake?

NOPE! She has been a great help. She has watched a lot of tv with A, but has also played with her too. She has come to check on me and even got me a little food. She made them both lunch and read A her nap time story. I am super glad she stayed home today. She is my hero. And growing up too fast by the way.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

glad it turned out well. hope you are feeling better!!!!

JCR said...

She is just so sweet. So glad she was there to help. Hope you guys feel better soon!