Monday, January 12, 2009

No One HUH?

There are days were I feel like I just got myself ahead of the game and then there are days where I get so far behind. You know what I am talking about don't you? I have been in the "ahead of the game" zone for the last few days. It has felt good. I have made bread, grocery shopped, cleaned a bit, even did laundry like towels and the couch slipcover. The best was getting the birthday present for a birthday later this week. Usually I am off buying one the morning of, or looking through the gift closet to wrap one up. Not this time. I found the gift last week and have it all ready to be wrapped on the dining room table.

Tonight I came in and noticed some plastic wrap on the table near the gift. So I looked and did not find the paint set opened. Ok just some trash I figured. Then it hit me! Not trash but the plastic wrap to the paper that went with the paint set! "Who opened this!" I yelled to my children. "Not me." they each said. A then stated," Daddy maybe opened it". I don't think so, but figured I should ask him too. Funny not one of the 4 people who live in this house opened the paper, yet somehow it was opened. I now have to go out and buy a new pad of paper in the blizzard and freezing temps tomorrow. My husband did say that I should just give the paper the way it is, who cares if the plastic is off. That is so not the point! It might be the solution, but not the point. So much for being ahead.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Too funny! The best is being ahead of the game with laundry - then you can get to the random stuff that you never manage to get to EVER! Amazing how the plastic was off the gift. Hmmmm - do u still have the turtles?