Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow Painting

Walking through Target the other day I came across some spray bottles in the dollar section. I swear one can never have enough spray bottles. They bring about so much fun. So I grabbed a few and continued. Well today I figured out what I would do with them. SNOW SPRAY PAINT!

I filled each bottle with water and then added some food coloring. I actually have some fun neon food coloring which worked out perfectly. The girls were so excited to try them out in the fresh new snow. I think I might try kool-aid for next time just so I don't use all my expensive food coloring. They had had fun and staid out for about a half an hour. Pretty good in the cold. The only problem is that it does stain, which means the little drops of pink on A's snow pants probably won't come off. Oh Well!






I think it would have worked a little better if the snow was not so light and fluffy. When the spray hit it, it just sort of blew away.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

those look like masterpieces to me-fun in the snow!

Jen said...

You are so creative!!! The only colored snow we have in our yard is yellow and brown...with 3 dogs I will leave it at that!! ; )