Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Good Thing

As much as it saddens me to admit it, I must. It seems that I have put back on most of the weight that I lost a year ago. You know, the time when I was down to a size 8/10 and looked good enough to stop logging into Weight Watchers daily and exercise 3 time a week instead of daily. Well, I guess now I know why one needs to exercise daily and perhaps stay on Weight Watchers. Although not logging into the computer did not make me stop watching my weight, I did think I would watch it go away, not come back!


As I went through my summer clothes trying things on to take to Florida, I realized I needed to go into my"fat" container of clothes. I was not happy about this, but glad that I kept a plethora of clothes. I will admit a 14 pair of shorts does feel better than a tight 12. I don't know people in Florida, so wearing these clothes there doesn't bother me too much. It does bother me more to have to wear them again here. Lucky for me I don't see that happening any time soon for there is still plenty of snow around.

I have blamed this weight gain on the weather and on the fact that I believe my thyroid is not working. Perhaps I will go to the doctor and see if it really is my thyroid, or just that I'm getting fat again all to my own doing. I am looking forward to getting outside and back on my bike as soon as the snow stays away and lets some warm air here.

I am lucky on husband front too. Tom has not seemed to mind this sudden addition to my body. The deal still is that if I am a 14 then I need to be a "cute" 14. I am trying to uphold this end of the bargain. He also keeps telling me it is just the long winter and it will melt off as soon as I get back to working off. If only I could be this positive.


I guess after our trip it will be back to the gym and no more Easter candy. Maybe I can get back down to at least a comfortable 10/12 before the need for shorts hits here.

1 comment:

JCR said...

Sorry to hear you had a setback. I know how frustrating that can be. I've hit one myself, and Easter/Mango's visit did NOT help. You are gorgeous no matter what, and when the weather warms up it will be so much easier to stay motivated.