Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm Back, But Still Behind

I am sorry that I did not jump right on the computer to blog about my trip. I am so far behind in my house duties and holiday prep, that I barely have time to read a blog let alone write on mine. I also picked up a cold from the airplane. The girls are sick now too, but nothing major.

My time in Atlanta was great. Maryann and I had a blast together. I even loved the alone time that I was given. The chance to sit and read a book without having to get up or talk was breathtaking. Maryann and I also had good time shopping. We hit a new outlet mall and found heaven at the Pottery Barn outlet. I so love the bedding for the girls, but couldn't buy it since I am not sure what we will be doing for beds for the girls. Will it be bunk beds, single twin beds, Full bed on bottom bunk with a twin on top... I did find out that if I call them they will ship stuff to me. I will be keeping the number of this store handy!

As for my husband and girls. They did very well. Husband was very tired when I got home and also stated that he no longer wants to be a stay at home dad. I'm not sure he respects all I do more, but at least he perhaps understands why I get so tired. I did come back to a messy house, but there were efforts mode. Laundry was attempted, girls were clean, groceries were purchased, and a few more. I did not have any guilt for leaving and it was good to come home. I still would like to go away again for perhaps a full week, but I'm not thinking that will happen soon. I need this trip to fade out of memory before I talk up another one.

I now have been neck deep in activities and holiday prep. Hopefully many of you received your yearly St Patrick's Day card by now. If not it is on it's way. I got that out Saturday morning. I have a neighborhood egg hunt this Friday that I was working on, and to top it all of my 8th anniversary is tomorrow! I have not even thought about it. I have my sister booked to babysit, but there have been no plans made for this event. I have yet to buy a card or gift and what is worse is that I have no idea what to buy for a gift. We also are leaving for Florida in a week so that planning and prep work is just about putting me over the edge. Oh wait, I think I have to do something for Easter too. That means coloring eggs, getting Easter dresses and white sweaters, finishing baskets... Why do I sleep?

Now that I have once again see what I have to do I best get to it. Oh who am I kidding, I am going to go sit and either flip through a magazine or flip through the channels. Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

2 comments:

JCR said...

First, Happy Anniversary! :)

I'm so glad you had a good trip! Makes me want to take an alone trip, too. So happy that everyone survived back home, but I'm sure you were missed.

Sounds like you have a busy few weeks ahead. Good luck!

Kat said...

Glad you had a great time. Hop eyou had a fun anniversary too :)