Friday, March 21, 2008

Insert Tarzan Call Here....

This is a shot of A on one of her favorite things at gymnastics. For the last 5 minutes or so of class the kids get to swing on the rope over the sponge pit. The first time A did this I was in shock and held my breath the entire time she was on the rope. I thought for sure she would fall and somehow get hurt in all the sponges. I did not think that she would be able to hold on, but she sure did. She swung on the rope a few times until her teacher caught her and the next week she was letting go of the rope and falling in the pit!

I was so happy to get a good shot of her doing this too. I think it might be one of my "coolest" photos yet. I really do like this camera :)
This week since I remembered my camera she did not do the interesting pieces of equipment. I hope to get a few shots of her on the bars or the rings. But for now these of the balance beam will have to do.

Here is A doing her "freeze and stick". See even at a young age they are teaching the kids how to stick a dismount. It is really cute to see her jump and freeze then hands in the air for the stick.



4 comments:

Victoria said...

adorable! :) brings back those memories of being there haha

JCR said...

That IS a cool shot!! Definitely one of my favorites. I can't even stand how cute she looks in these pics. Can't wait to see you all soon.

Kat said...

Now you just need to get a pool in your back yard for her to swing into! I will bring my Tarzans if you provide the Janes :)

T3h Qu33n said...

OMG! How cute is she!!!

A ballerina and a gymnast. How cool is that!