Thursday, March 6, 2008

Just Checking

Today while Tom was here eating lunch 2 men came to our door. I was actually on the couch watching the finale episode of Project Runway that I had recorded from last night. Tom answered the door and spoke to the guys. They stated that they were from Comcast and that our cable, that we no longer had, was still "running through our lines". They were here to check it and block it. Actually they began with trying to get us to buy it again "for dish back up". They obviously don't know that is when we watch movies when our dish goes out. Luck for Tom he stayed with the "no thanks" line. After 5 minutes they did what they had to do and left.

For some reason I was still not feeling right about all this. I looked out my window a half hour later and saw the guys again. The car that they were driving had no Comcast sign or anything nor did they really seem like Comcast workers. I tried to talk myself out of this crazy thinking, but couldn't

I called Comcast to check this all out. I am so not an automatic bad people thinker, but this time I couldn't help it. How do I know if they are casing the houses on our block to find out which have moms home all day? Or perhaps they are checking which houses have things for them to take? Good for us, we don't have much to take compared to all the "big" homes on our block.

Anyway... I got a hold of a nice lady at Comcast who did confirm the story of the men. I felt better when she didn't laugh at me for being paranoid. Well she didn't laugh while I was on the phone with her, who knows what she did after I hung up.

I do feel better about the whole thing but thought if I blog about it than you could all tell me I did the right thing and I am not a freak. So I am waiting for your support!

4 comments:

Victoria said...

i am paranoid like that so you sure did the right thing!

T3h Qu33n said...

You did the right thing. Even with confirmation from the cable company, I'd still be freaking out.
They really should carry business cards and a company vehicle.

JCR said...

OMG, you TOTALLY did the right thing! Good job. I would have done the same thing. Especially after seeing an unmarked car! Always better to be safe.

Kat said...

FREAK!! Just kidding. I am the girl that called the cops this past summer on two college kids sitting in front of my neighbors house with laptops. Turns out the were trying to use other peoples internet. Always trust your instincts!!