Tuesday, June 17, 2008

All Alone

As of 9:00 this morning I am officially alone for the next 3 hours!!!! The girls have been dropped off at camp. A was super excited, B not so much. It helped a lot for B to see a girl in her group that she knew, especially since the rest of the group was boys. A ran right to her counselor and gave her a big hug, No separation anxiety with her. She can't wait to "play games and have fun like big sister."

So now I ask myself...What to do? What to do? I was planning to grocery shop with out children, but when I walked into my quiet house I thought "No way am I going grocery shopping right now. I have 3 hours to get it done." So I sat down at the computer to check email and blogs. I will be taking a shower shortly. I went for a long bike ride this morning and am not so fresh. It will be great to shut the door and not keep an ear open for screams and tears. I also will be able to take my time shaving my legs. A told me yesterday that she did not want to sit on my spiky legs. That is what she calls it when the stubble begins to grow. I guess when it is on her little soft legs it does feel like spikes. So I will shave today too.

I have basically finished the girl's room. I will be posting photos later, I promise. I spent a few hours making the duvet covers yesterday. Thanks to my sister and her "great ideas" they took a tad bit longer than I had hoped. We decided that a twin comforter would be too big for the bunks so I cut one in half, and re-sewed it closed. That alone took time. A filled comforter going in the sewing machine is not as easy as you think. I really do like the room. Even my husband is in love with it. He wants me to start redoing the rest of the house. Most days I would take him up on this offer, but since I can't fill the rest of the house with furniture from Land of Nod, not so sure I would do as good a job.

Enough for now, I have peace and quite to get to.

1 comment:

JCR said...

Three hours...that sounds like heaven!