Monday, June 30, 2008

Finally!

Today was the day. Those of you who picked Monday for the day B would notice her beloved fish was gone, are the winners!!!

This morning we were sitting on the couch (just under the location of the fishbowl) talking about pets B would really like to have. Such as a chinchilla, or a bunny. I did not say a thing. The pet talked must have triggered a memory about her real pet. She looked up to the mantel and asked,"Where is Abbott?" My reply was,"He died a week ago. I was wondering if you would ever notice." She did not cry, but did get a little quiet. Then asked," What happened?" I told her I just found him not breathing one night after I had put her to bed. And that was about it. No tears, no nothing. She did say that she did not want another fish. "Good, 'cuz you are not getting one." I only hope that if and when we get a dog and it dies she is a little faster on the noticing part.

Well now that fun is over, guess I have to find something else to find amusing. That should take only a few minutes in this house.

3 comments:

JCR said...

I'm glad she finally noticed!

Are you guys really thinking about getting a dog???

Jes said...

We are thinking about a dog, but since A is still a tad afraid of them we are waiting. I'm not so sure I want one right away.

keiki3 said...

I've heard hermit crabs make nice pets...