Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Room progress

Well, the girl's room re-do is taking a tad bit longer than I had hoped. I'm sure it would be all done if my painter still painted and I didn't have to do it myself. It is hard to paint the room when the only free time I have is when A is sleeping in the same room. I also have sooo many projects to accomplish! I am trying to do something each day, but even that is not going as planned. I hope to paint today when my sister is here watching the girls. We will see how that goes. I did empty out A's dresser so I can move it downstairs, but it is really heavy and I'm not sure Victoria and I can move it all the way down the stairs. (I see a hole in my wall or something as it slides down the stairs running over one of us.) I think we are still going to try. Who knows, I might be stronger than I look.

We did drive out to IKEA the other day to pick out a new light fixture for the room.
This is the one the Mommy B wanted. It looks better in person, and lucky for me since I also bought a new fixture for the dining room with new shades, I can use the old dining room shades for this one. I will have to add some ribbon to them for they are plain white and that just won't do. See what I mean about projects?! Hopefully my dad will come over add help install the light. I can do it, but I have a feeling he will be faster.
I did also buy the mattresses and a new dresser for A's clothes. I will pick them up on Saturday so that is my new goal. I don't think I will have the duvet covers finished by them, but perhaps the valances will be finished and hung.
The girls are so excited about the bunk beds that I will feel bad if they can't sleep in them on Saturday. But then again I have felt bad before and have lived to tell about it.
Off to work on a valance...

2 comments:

JCR said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Victoria said...

i think the light will be my fave part of the new room. and hooray that we got painting done (but be honest, it is more fun painting it on our own lol)!!!