Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Lambs Are Down

I spent the better part of 2 hours removing the lamb border in the girl's room. I swear I will never use wallpaper again. I am glad now that A started the removal process a while ago. I did find that fabric softener mixed with water is a great help too. The mess was not too bad, until the girls wanted to help wash the walls. Then it really wasn't a mess, just very wet. The room looks different now. It is kinda sad. These lambs have been up for about 7 years looking down on my babies as they slept, got their diapers changes, and for A, giving her something to do while she "napped". I am excited to redo the room and make it more big girl, less baby, but it is hard to let them go.

As for painting the room... My painter no longer paints since he is moving, and the low VOC paint that I wanted and researched really is not low VOC once you tint in. Would have been helpful to read that somewhere in all the info online. In fact there is one company that does make a real low VOC with tint, but only has 65 colors and they won't match my fabric. So for now I will be painting and breathing in fumes. I figure I will save the money and use it to buy a new area rug. Good thing the weather is nice and the windows will be open.

I bought the wood I need for the valances today and even had the guy cut it for me. Yup! Way to think ahead for me. If I keep this up I just might finish this room soon. The girls really can't wait to get in their bunk beds.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

It's so bittersweet when they grow up. Our boys are looking forward to their new bunks as well. We'll see how long the euphoria lasts. I have told so many people about B's selfless bday party. What an awesome girl(s) you are raising!

JCR said...

I can't wait to see the finished project! It's going to be so pretty. I had some low-VOC issues when I went to get paint for the kids' rooms. I, too, ended up getting regular paint. And then I didn't let them sleep in there for a week!

Victoria said...

it is sad now but the new room will be great, once we redo it :)

Kat said...

What color did you choose? Can't wait to come and visit - hint hint!