Thursday, June 5, 2008

Mood Swings

I have thought and bragged about how wonderful B has been the last few weeks. Her mood swings seem to all but vanish, and her pissed off attitude is almost non existent. For the beginning of summer I was blessed. W-E-L-LLLLLL... as of today not so much.

B was invited to a friend's house to play today. This was a great blessing for her since we were heading to Grandma's to help clean before the baptism this weekend. B could not believe her luck and couldn't wait to get to her BFF's house. I dropped her off with plans to return at 1:00.

When I came back at 1:00 I was convinced to leave her for at least another hour. No problem I'll be back. When I returned, I was met with tears and whining. Why? Not because she had to leave as I'm sure many of you thought. No, it was because we were going back to Grandma's and B would not be able to have her popsicle stand that she has been chomping at the bit to have. So let the pissy mood begin! After many attempts to calm her down I finally received the worst threat B could think of. "I'm not speaking to you ever again!" Really? Sounds good to me. Funny, that threat only seemed to last till we pulled up to grandma's and she now found out that I was not going to drive all the way home to get her swimsuit. Why would she need her swimsuit? Oh, I said perhaps Grandpa would turn on the sprinkler so she could run through it while I finished cleaning. Apparently she could not do that in her clothes. My how her head rotated and green stuff spued from her mouth. I actually left her in the car.

Once inside my mom's I cooled down. I did have my sister go out to the car to check on her too. Funny, when B came inside all was forgotten and she was back to good B.

Seriously, why does this happen and when will it stop? It can not all be due to her being a girl or my gene pool. There has to be a way to fix it. Someone give me the secret, PLEASE!

1 comment:

Jen said...

That is really funny!! Good for you for walking away...and how noble to have your sister go check on her in the car on a 90 degree day!! Kidding!! Good luck with the mood swings.