Monday, August 25, 2008

Love My Skates

B was home with Daddy for 1 day while I was taking my sister back to school. In this 1 day they both decided that B needed roller blades. They went online to various places looking for blades. I was surprised to find out that they did not buy any yet. B was waiting till Sunday to get them. As soon as she woke up I was informed that she would be getting blades right after church. I then informed her that we would go to Target and SEE about roller blades.

Well as you can guess Daddy/B won and Mommy lost this spending money battle. On the positive side the blades were only $20.00, we got top of the line ones (ha-ha!) and she really enjoys them. She has been skating tons. We even went over to the high school track this morning so she could skate on a smooth surface. She went about 3/4 of a mile before she was tired and wanted to come home. I am curious to see how long it takes for the novelty wears off.

She is also really proud of herself for learning to roller blade in "just one day." (B's words) As am I. Perhaps all the ice skating lessons I "made" her take are paying off.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

look at her!!! SO big! love the purple skates :)

JCR said...

She looks so grown up!

Jen said...

Amazing!! GO B!!!