Saturday, August 30, 2008

What A Week

We have tried to accomplish as much as possible this week. Why? Because Tuesday is back to school day. So in order to get in as much as possible we have had a world win of events.

Wednesday: Explore a new park. This place was amazing! It had 5 different playgrounds! I am not exaggerating either. The girls had a great time until B got stung twice by a bee. She handled it great and seemed to even forget about it for a while. After the park we headed out to visit Uncle John and Aunt Cindy for the rest of the day. The girls had fun outside with their uncle. B's favorite part of the day was the long playtime on Uncle John's Wii. She has become rather good at the tennis and now claims that we MUST get a Wii. A liked it at first, but is was still a tad too hard for her to master. I did enjoy watching and even tried the tennis and boxing. I swear my arms hurt the next day due to it. We stayed late and got home even later, but the day was a good one.

Thursday: Today was a little slower than yesterday. We hit the library for a little while, got in a play date for B and A caught up on some much needed nap time.

Friday: We began today with gymnastics for both girls. I liked that I was able to sit and read some of my book while looking up every so often to watch the girls. One of the things about gymnastics is that they do the same rotation a few times so I have a number of chances to view them in action. After gymnastics we drove up to where I used to teach. The main reason was to visit B's "nanny", Grandma Kathy. This was the angel that I was lucky to find to take care of B while I went to work after she was born. My husband and I swear that Grandma Kathy might have even loved B more than we did. We try to visit twice a year and it was time. I just love to see B and Kathy together. It is as if they are still attached. B remembers many things about Kathy and the time she spent with her. Let me just inform you that Kathy watched B from 4 months till 2 years, so how much can she really remember? It sure seems like a lot. After the visit we hit up my old school, well make that 2 schools. I had a number of baby gifts to pass out. It was nice to show off the girls and visit with people that I haven't see in a long time. The best part was the wonderful surprise my friend Kristin had for B. An American Girl doll!!! B couldn't stop holding her, she was so happy. After the visits were finished the girls and I finished the day with a return trip to the outlet mall. Here we hit the stores we didn't get to when we went last week. I was a little unsure about this trip since the day had been so busy. Surprised I was. The girls were great! We got lots of new clothes and had fun too. Another long day and late night.

Today: GO WILDCATS! Today we went to the Northwestern football game in hopes of seeing our nephew play. The girls had a good time for the first half. After that things began to get ugly and I took the girls out. The game was good and the Wildcats won :) Our nephew even got some playing time. We then hit a special rock shop that B has been wanting to visit. Both girls got their fill of rocks and we are now getting our fill of popcorn.

Long days with lots of action hopefully will lead to early bedtime. Hope to post a few photos next time.

1 comment:

Kat said...

You were busy! Hope next week has more down time. It was great to see you!!