Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Special Day Outing


Today I took both girls to see a children's play at Marriott Lincolnshire. It is one of our favorite stories, the Princess and the Pea. I also had my parents and sister join us. The girls had a good time with Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Rach.
If you have not been there for a show I highly recommend it. Both their adult and children's productions are great.

The cast was very good. The play lasted a total of one hour which was just right for little A. She actually had a little trouble trying to figure out who Ruth was. She asked me more than once "What is the prince doing with Cinderella?" "Oh, that is not Cinderella" I told her. "What is he doing with Snow White?" Again I had to tell her that was not Snow White either. It was a girl named Ruth who would marry the Prince.

After the play we hit a local Red Robin and ate lunch. I ate WAY too much. In fact I ate so much I even passed on dinner. It is not often that I pass on a meal. :) The food was good, but I'm not sure I will go back. I thought it was rather loud and too much food coming at me. I don't know about you, but I don't think a burger as take home is as good the next day. So I tend to eat the entire thing as to not waste. Could be one of the reasons why my stomach hurt. Or it could be the milkshakes I drank that the girls did not finish. Or it could be all the steak fries and onion rings I ate with the burger. See where I am going with this? Way too much food in my tummy.

All in all it was a great activity for our last few days before the return to school. I am glad we were able to share the outing with Grandma and Grandpa too.


3 comments:

Jen said...

I love Red Robin!! I am especially fond of their teriyaki burgers!! Yummy!!! I guess having P and A so close in age, the louder the restaurant, the better for us right now!!

The play sounds great and how special to have your parents and sister along. I am sure Vic is sad she wasn't there!!

JCR said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds like the perfect day. That is my absolute most favorite theater; I love that every seat is a good one.

Kat said...

How fun! I love the Lincolnshire theater, I just found it last year.