Sunday, August 24, 2008

Say It Aint So

So the day that I had been dreading most finally came. Funny there was no count down for this one. Yesterday was the day that my nanny sister went back to U of I. I have said more than once that I would do very well with a full time nanny while I stayed home. This summer I had my wish. My sister came 3 days a week and took care of the girls, joined us on excursions, or chatted with me while they napped. Sometimes she even did house work. I sure loved having her around! Those were good times!

The girls don't seem to notice her absence (yet) but I sure do. I know tomorrow will be the worst. There will be no "I'm here!" at 10:00am like usual. What will I do with my girls all by myself all day long? There is still a whole week till school starts! Guess I will have to pull out the big guns and go to the zoo, or find an even better art project.

I wish her only the best as she begins her final year at U of I. She will be a great teacher and my kids can't wait to stay home so she can home school them. Just Kidding! Have a great semester Aunt/Nanny/Sister Vic.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

awwwww i feel so honored :) i too miss the summer already...christmas break will be here before we know it! at least that is what I am counting on hehe

Alicia said...

Aunt Vic is most definitely irreplaceable!

JCR said...

Is it really that time again? I'm so happy you guys had such a great summer together.

Jen said...

That makes me want to cry!! So sweet!!