Tuesday, September 9, 2008

No Tears Here

I was given this cute survival kit when I dropped A off at her first day of preschool today. Inside was a bunch of hugs and kisses (the Hershey kind), a packet of tissues and a photo from our meet the teacher day. I was a little sad when I left without her, but no tears were shed. In fact I was dressed to go workout, but didn't really have the time today. Perhaps Thursday will be better.

As you can see A has no worries about going to preschool without me. B had her heart set on taking A to her classroom. She explained to her that she would be right in the next building. If A needed anything she just had to tell her teacher to, "Go get her big sister in 1st grade." Rather sweet, huh?

I am so glad that this was the reaction I got from A when she saw her teacher this morning. A's big smile and running to her teacher's open arms. I didn't even get a hug good-bye. Hey, she had lots of things to get to.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

awwwwwwwwwww....A does like to run into women's arms I have noticed, like her camp counselors, gymnastics teachers...SO glad it went well!!! sorry you didn't get to work out though

JCR said...

Wow, what a super cute treat! How thoughtful of the teacher, and how wonderful that she realized that first days are hard for moms, too.