Monday, September 1, 2008

Total Suck Up

Tomorrow is B's first day of school. So I do what any good former teacher does...makes a cake!



Notice that this is not just any cake, but a pencil cake. I found the idea in Family Fun magazine, and so glad that I did. B thought it was for her class, but I figured that any good teacher needs a shot of sugar at lunch time. I mean how can they make it through the rest of the afternoon without it? The real cake does looks better than the photo too, just so you know. No flash=no bright colors.

5 comments:

Victoria said...

geezzz! what a mom you are hehe

Alicia said...

Wow! What a great cake! Have a great first day B!

Jen said...

You go Jess - the cake had to score some MAJOR points with the new teacher!!

JCR said...

You are my idol! What an amazing cake.

Kat said...

Ok over achiever! My kid was lucky that I remembered to make him a lunch! ha ha