Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Apples Are Gone... Finally





This is the last of my apples from apple picking day. I had no idea what to do with so many apples. Tom tried to help by providing me with a brainstormed list of dishes he might like. B told me she would really like a pie. So pie it is.

Now I do like to bake, but have never made a pie. So after looking and finding a recipe I made my first ever apple pie. It really was not as hard as I thought it would be. Now to be honest I did not make my own crust. I did buy pre-made and pre-rolled, but the rest I did from scratch.

The review was great. All family members raved about the pie. I was happy. Even B told me it was great, the best ever. So I figured a week later since I was still looking at apples I would just crank out another pie. ( I did bring half of this one to my parent's house).

Dessert time and B did not want pie. Why? Oh that would be because she doesn't really like apple pie. What? The last pie (a week ago) was the best thing ever I reminded her. She told me she just said that to be nice and that she didn't really like it all that much. What kids of kid am I raising? She seems to be turning into quite a liar. I will say that this little white lie was much better for my feelings than the war lie.

So long story longer... here is the last pie I made. Tom has stated he would like one again for his birthday (few weeks away), but I told him I don't think so. Enough of the apples for now.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

that looks so yummy!!! at least she lied to spare your feelings....haha

Alicia said...

Hey Martha Jr....the pie looks fantastic.

.mk. said...

Someone needs to tell her lying isn't acceptable before they have another little Matt on their hands.

Kat said...

Oh boy, can't wait to hear what she says about my my cooking!!