Monday, October 15, 2007

I'm In the Army Now

Funny little story for you.

Today when I picked B up from school she informed me that she will be calling me mommy only at home. I questioned this. Her reply was that when she is around her friends she is going to call me something else. Again, I asked, "why?" and I added, "what are you going to call me?" A few words came to mind but I figured she was still too young to use them. She told me she was going to call me babysitter. Again I had to go with Why? She then proceeded to tell me that she had told some of her friends that her mommy was in the army and was away at war. I was actually her sitter till her mommy came home from the war. I did not really know how to respond to this. I tried not to laugh since the whole war thing is not funny. I asked her if she knew that this as not a very nice thing to tell her friends since she was lying to them. Then I asked who she knew who has a mommy away in the war. She told me one of her friend's daddy is at war. This at least helped me figure out where this idea came from. After a few more minutes we finally agreed that she could not tell this story any more and she would need to tell the truth to her friends tomorrow.

I am still at a loss as to why she need to tell this story. Plus the whole class saw me on Friday when I read to them. However my smarty daughter told them that I come back to visit some days, then back to the war I go. She is quick with her lies. Anyway hopefully this will not progress and I will not be known as the mom of the liar. I do find it funny and somewhat look forward to her next little story about me. Perhaps I need to give her a little more attention?

6 comments:

T3h Qu33n said...

Matt and I are at a loss of words!!

Maybe she just wanated to empathize with the friend whose dad is away.

Oh, Matt thinks that maybe the little friend gets "special" attention from everyone so B wants a little bit of that.

It's funny though :)

Victoria said...

wow, congrats!! let me know the next time you are "visiting" too funny...

Jen said...

Hey Sargent - That is very funny. Kids are so entertaining. At least she admitted to you that she lied! That is a good thing, right? Thank G-d she is not a sneaky liar!!

Kat said...

ha ha ha Love it and glad the scheme is not one of my own. I can say that you are definietly one I would never picture in the army, no offense. Taking orders for loud obnoxious people would not bode well :)

Alicia said...

Well, you have to give her credit. She has one hell of an imagination. Maybe she has a future as an author! The question is will it be fiction or nonfiction?

JCR said...

Oh wow! Yes, that is quite an imagination. How did it go when she told her friends the truth??