Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Pumpkin Day


A family tradition, we head to Wisconsin for our annual pumpkin day. This is a full day of stops and food. We begin by hitting a deli called Bobby Nelsons. Here we all stock up on salami and cheese curds. Then over to A&W for cheese fries, root beer, and burgers in our car. After a full belly, we head to the pumpkin farm. Today the weather was beautiful and so the farm was packed! But, we still managed to grab a few pumpkins and head to our next stop the Monastery in Burlington. Here we walk the grotto and look around. The girls had fun going into "Mary's House" . Next stop is a park and finally frozen custard. Yes, we do all this in one day! B has begun to remember all the places we need to go and I'm sure A will do the same too. All in all the day was a good one. I did have a few issues like my camera not working and don't know why, and A spilling root beer all over the front of her new pumpkin day shirt. My camera works now of course and all the root beer came out of the shirt. I did bring an extra white shirt just in case I just didn't want to have to use it. So now I will have to find some more pumpkins and do a fake pumpkin day photo.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like a great time! I love that B is at the age to start remembering traditions! Fantastic!

Thank goodness for the blog - I would have no idea what you are up to over there!

T3h Qu33n said...

It looks like you guys had a blast!!

Too bad Matt & I missed it! One of the first pictures Matt ever sent me was of him with the girls. I am posting it on my blog soon.

We are hoping to join you guys next year with the lil one

:)

Victoria said...

"mary's house" still makes me laugh

JCR said...

I wish I was a Kator! Sounds like a fun day.

Kat said...

Sure come up to my neck of the woods when I am not around....I see how it goes. Glad you guys had a great time!