Wednesday, October 3, 2007

We Got Apples!






Today we went apple picking. This is something I used to do with my siblings and grandparents every fall. It was a good time and a special event. I decided that I wanted the girls to experience this too. I planned to go with a friend, but her girls were still not feeling well. I figured the idea was a dead one.

Woke up today and decided that I did not want to stay home and since it was a beautiful day I would take the girls apple picking after all. So after B got out of school we came home, ate lunch, waited for Daddy, and went to Wisconsin to pick us some apples.

There are only a few places left in which one can actually go to the tree and get the apples. Most places now just pick them for you. We decided (and by we I mean me) to go to this dive place where one can still pick from the trees.

The girls had a great time. It was so fun to see the girls looking for the "perfect" apple. I now understand why the apples are not cheep. They need to make up for the "not good enough" ones that get tossed to the ground. Little A took right to eating and enjoyed every bite. I see us doing this again next year.
Now what to do with all these apples???

6 comments:

Victoria said...

i have no recollection of going apple picking, i guess that was before my time :) LOVE the pics!!! can't wait to see you all this weekend!!

JCR said...

What a fun idea!!! Love the pigtails, too.

T3h Qu33n said...

That is such a cool thing to do! CA is horrible! There is nothing like that over here. The girls are as cute as ever!

By the way,with those extra apples, you could bake us an apple and send it to CA :)

Kat said...

OK, still in love with the piggies! You did have beautiful weather. I will be looking forward to applesauce soon :)

JCR said...

Me again! Yes, definitely make applesauce and serve it with that yummy pork roast/egg noodle dinner you made for me. YUM.

Alicia said...

EJ says he would love to take some of those apples off your hands. His idea was to just ride his bike to get them. He'll see you in about 5 years! I'm also a HUGE fan of the piggies! Miss you all