Saturday, September 29, 2007

Another Addiction

I went to a Pampered Chef party last night. I had so much fun looking at all the cooking gadgets. It was so hard not to buy lots and lots. I decided to just host a party and get a few things. So some of you that read this get ready for your invites :)

I have decided that unlike others who love to cook, I simply love to get recipes. I love cookbooks, Cooking Light magazine, and All Recipes.com. I am forever tearing pages out of the multitude of magazines I subscribe to. I have a binder of these pages organized and in plastic sleeves. I will say I have used some of these recipes at least once to see if we like it and /or what I should change. I just find that I have more pages to place in the binder than I actually use. I'm sure if I ever started to compare recipes I would even find some that are basically the same with a different name.

I do wish I loved to cook and bake. I like to do it, but the time and effort needed I just don't seem to have often. So I seem to stick to my handful of regular dishes and just keep get new recipes to put in a pile. And God Forbid if this pile was ever trashed or recycled!!! The horror!!!
Perhaps one day I will love it. I'm thinking that day might be after I get all my new Pampered Chef items.

5 comments:

JCR said...

I just ordered some PC stuff too! I always think I'm a better cook than I am when I look at the catalog. And suddenly I just HAVE TO HAVE special scissors to cut herbs. And a 3-piece plastic tray to bread chicken. And special metal tong thing to hold stuff in place when I cut things.

Send me a catalog! I'll order something for your show. I want to get the thing that protects your fingers when you cut.

Kat said...

It is always the gadgets that lure me too. If I had that THEN I would cook more, blah blah blah. But the truth is, that like you, I am not fond of cooking. Oh well! Good thing my kids like cereal :)

T3h Qu33n said...

Oh NO!!

I love PC :)

Too bad I can't go to your party, but if you send me a catalog I will buy something so you get the cool points :)

Jen said...

I can't wait for the invite. Will there be wine served? Just kidding!

Jen said...

Can't wait for the invite. Will there be wine served? Just kidding.