Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Halloween

This holiday again demonstrated just how different my girls are. When B was 2 she put on a full clown outfit with rainbow wig and red nose. This year she wanted to be a bride. We had the beautiful dress (thanks Kristin) and I made the veil and bouquet.

My little A was going to go as a Renaissance princess. I had the costume from last year and I made the cone hat to match. As you can see in the photo A did not go for it. In fact, she would not even put the costume on. Instead I got her to wear the purple princess costume from our dress-up stuff for a photo. I got her to wear it for the photo and then off it came. To go trick or treating all she would wear was a pair of cat ears. So off she went in a Halloween shirt and cat ears. She loved it too by the way. She was very proud to tell people she was a kitty cat.
There is no way this little stinker will do something if she doesn't want to. I have learned that there is no sense bribing for it doesn't work. I don't fight it either. I just let it go and end up with a costume that she won't wear, but cat ears from the dress-up bin that she is super happy to put on. Kids sure are funny.

5 comments:

T3h Qu33n said...

Once again, they are too cute! A is a handful, but as long as she was happy being a kitty, who can blame her!?

B reminds me of a runaway bride. Thank God, she has many years of growing before she actually becomes one :)

Now I want to be a bride!

Alicia said...

I LOVE the personality. In regard to your comment, you guys are impossible to forget and irreplaceable! Love you!

Victoria said...

love the costumes, even if A's was on for the picture :)

JCR said...

They are just so sweet. I love that A already knows what she wants! My aunt warned me that you can't bribe girls as easily as boys, especially not with food (like I do). I can't wait to see them in person!!

Kat said...

Maybe we will see the Renaissance princess on Tulip someday :) B made a beautiful bride and I am very impressed with the veil!