Saturday, November 10, 2007

Who Knew

Tom sent me an email the other day that stated if you put Vicks vaporub on your feet and then put on socks, it would stop your coughing. I was not so sure, but thought maybe since your feet do have many, many nerves and stuff.

Well B now has a full case of her cold induced asthma. So I was actually able to test this new found cough remedy last night. I am happy to report that for some reason it does seem to work. Now it is not instant relief, but within about a half hour her coughing seemed to stop or at least had many minutes between coughs. I was pleased with the results, so we continued this treatment again tonight. Anything to get me some needed rest.

The only down side is that little A also wants to wear Vicks rub and socks. So far we have just given in on the socks part.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

that is the strangest thing I have ever heard of! haha

JCR said...

What a clever idea. I have never heard of this one. Will keep it in mind the next time Tato gets sick!

Kat said...

Really?!? I am going to have to put this to the test. Though when my Dad was younger they were told you had to eat it for the best results...yuck!!

Jen said...

I just got an email about that last week and looked on snopes and low and behold, they tested it out and it worked with them too! Very odd! I will be sure to try that next time someone has a bad cough....

http://www.snopes.com/medical/homecure/vaporub.asp