Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Questions From a 5 year old

Like many people, many deep conversations take place in the car while driving. My 5 year old is no exception to this. It amazes me what she comes up with to discuss while we are driving. In just a 10 minute drive from school yesterday she came up with these.

B: Mom? Why does God make bad things?

me: God doesn't make bad things. People choose to DO bad things.

B: Why does He let us choose to bad things?

me: Because He gave us the ability to choose. When we do bad things that means we are listening to the Devil not God.

B: Well why would God want us to listen to the Devil?

me: He doesn't. He wants us to listen to Him and be good.

B: Like Santa?

Me: Something like that, yes.


Another set of logic...

B: Why does Santa think crying is naughty?

Me: What are you talking about?

B: In the song on the radio...You better not cry, you better not pout...

Me: You know I have no idea I never thought about it like that. I guess it is crying like when you whine.

B: Oh, I guess that would be naughty then. It is not naughty to cry when you are hurt, right? because then you are sad.

Me: Right again.

All these thoughts in just 10 minutes. Who would believe it?

1 comment:

Kat said...

I love those conversations. I always chuckle when I look back at them :)