Saturday, November 17, 2007

Instead...

I began my day actually yesterday by planning not to work out, instead I would go today. Getting up this morning I knew I should get in work out clothes right away, but didn't. Instead I decided to wander downstairs and have breakfast. Then it was clean up the kitchen and get kids dressed time. Tom was taking A to a winter parade and B was going to the same parade with a friend. I was going to stay home and go work out.

After the house was people free, I decided again to not go work out. I dressed for a nice walk outside. Well once I got out there I changed my mind. It was cold! So still wanting to work out, I set the kitchen timer for 20 minutes and began running my stairs.

I have about 20 steps to climb from first floor to second. A good amount for stair climbing I figured. And so I was going full out and doing well. After about 3 laps pf stairs up and stairs down I decided that this was much harder in real life than it was in my head. How many minutes have I done this for? After a few more laps I figured I must have used up at least 10 minutes for I was out of breath. I decided I had better stop the stairs because I didn't want my muscles to be so sore that I couldn't go up and down them tomorrow.

I moved on to jumping jacks and mountain climbers. Yeah, that didn't last too long either. I decided I had better go check how much time I had left. What?! The timer must be broken! How could I have done all of that in only 7 minutes?!?!?!

Well heck I better just turn off the timer and find something else to do. A work out just isn't going to happen. I decided instead I would go outside and rake, oh I mean blow the leaves.

My day ended with a soak in the tub. Now some of you might remember a time when I was pregnant with my first and had to take a bath every night to help my itching. That was probably the last time I took a bath. But since I gave the girls each one I figured I deserved one too.

I should have known better. Again, the bath in my head was soooo much better than the bath I actually took. For one thing it is not so relaxing when you can hear the crys of your youngest and her bellows for "fresh water." Nor is it relaxing when your oldest comes in to the bathroom to go potty and decides it would be ok to talk to you. She did point out that if I had cucumbers on my eyes my bath would be more relaxing. It would also be more relaxing if there was no talking!

Needless to say I did not stay in the tub very long. Instead, I am blogging about my day. Relaxing? I will have to say it is.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

You don't need to go to the gym...it sounds like most of your days are work out days.

Victoria said...

that is pricelss that B just started talking to you while you were in the tub and she was going to the bathroom..

Kat said...

No cucumbers huh? What is your life coming too?? ha ha