Friday, January 11, 2008

A's New Friend

Let me start at the beginning. When we were in Naples we took the kids to play at a local playground. There were a few dogs around that A seemed to take a liking to. She went off to play and no sooner did I notice her yelling out,"Come Back puppy"! I of course looked around to see which dog was running away. Funny, I did not see any. In fact I saw A running after nothing. She continued calling to her "puppy". Finally she came over to me and said,"I got him." Then all of a sudden she said"Oh no! He is running away again" And off she went to catch him. The next time she came over to me I asked her what her puppy's name was. She replied,"Fluffy". Now this is the first time that she has actually named something other than baby, puppy or kitty. So I was impressed.

Now that she had a name the game changed. For now she kept calling out"Come back here Fluffy!" I figured most people thought my kid was super weird for she was running and calling after an imaginary dog. But what was fun for her was great for me too.

No sooner did we arrive home when I noticed Fluffy was with us. A carries him around in her hands (see photo) and brings him with us often. He almost got left in the car yesterday, but lucky for A I remembered to go get him. He came with us to the mall and kept running away until Aunt Vic put Fluffy in A's hood. It is father funny and a new experience for me. I don't remember B having any imaginary friends or pets. I'm sure she did I just don't remember.

For the most part Fluffy is pretty good. He is big on running away, but since I don't have to pick up any poop I'll take it. How I love the imagination of a 2 year old!

4 comments:

Victoria said...

i love it too...oh A and her fluffy

JCR said...

Look at the precious little face! As for Fluffy, sounds a lot better than Weefer, who still appears from time to time. Have fun with Fluffy. :)

Kat said...

And to think you spent all that money on a fake horse :) You could have wrapped a box of nothing!! Hmmm, I wonder if that would work with the boys??

Jen said...

I am catching up on old postings so forgive me for the late comment but that is very funny. Sounds like Fluffy is easy to care for and will only run as long as the imagination will allow!! No walks in the 20 below weather!! Sounds perfect!