Monday, January 14, 2008

Not Headed To The Gifted Class

Tom was reading the girls bedtime stories tonight. A's pick was HOP ON POP. One of her favorites. I was glad that I was not reading tonight, for I can't stand the book. I try to skip pages, but now she knows. I have come to find that when we read Go Dog Go she actually "reads" it now. I like the way she "reads" it better. She tends to not read all the words.

Anyways... As Tom was reading to A he would pause at the end of a rhyming sentence to have A finish the line. Apparently they are not doing enough rhyming on television, for A was not so good at it.

Tom: We are on the wall. It is where we play...
A: soccer

T: I am not tall, I am...
A: little

T: play, play , we play all day. fight, fight we fight all...
A: bed time

I guess I always said there is more support in the school system for the under kids than there is for the over.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

oh adorable A..she just likes to be silly more than "smart" though...we should work more on her alphabet letters hehe...and at least she is cute :)

Alicia said...

She definitely never disappoints in doing it her own way!

JCR said...

Tato loves this book too. I'll have to try what Tom did and see whether he Tato can rhyme. I doubt it...

Kat said...

NCLB is in full force my friend. At least she picked soccer to play :)