Thursday, January 24, 2008

What Is In Your Cart?

Today I took A to do our monthly Costco run. Yes, I do believe it is the coldest day possible to go out to Costco, but when you have one roll of toilet paper left one must venture out.

A was very good in the store and totally bummed that there were no samples. I too was bummed, for they are my go to bribe/treat/punishment. A actually stated " This is the worst ever!" But when one gets there at 10:00 am there are no samples yet. Lucky for me she settled on a hot dog on our way out. this worked for me since I had a bit of time to kill before heading to B's school for another lunch duty day. As we were siting in the "food court" eating our great cheep hot dog I noticed myself looking in every one's cart as they walked past. I was totally into this!

Cart #1: paper towels, toilet paper, and a cooked chicken. Not that weird until I saw who was pushing the cart. Senior Citizens! Now do they really need that much toilet paper?

Cart #2 organic chocolate milk, organic eggs, and the big box of variety mix sugar cereals. Some how I was lost on the organic food and the crappy sugar filled cereal.

Cart #3 Vacuum cleaner, bleach, and swiffers. Not sure if this is a job for CSI of not.

Well can you see what I mean? Not one cart had the same stuff. It really was fun. It also made me think about what one might think as they looked at my cart. I for one kept looking at it thinking "Holy Crap, I spent a lot of money!" and "Wow! we sure are out of a lot!"

2 comments:

.mk. said...

1. It's "cheap".
2. Don't old people poop too?
3. Everyone likes sugar and bargains.

Victoria said...

you are too funny, you remembered what everyone had in their carts?!