Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Fluffy and the Milk

So I'm sure you can tell where this story will be headed. Hopefully you all remember that Fluffy is A's imaginary puppy. Also remember that Fluffy is very tiny. Fluffy is held in A's hands. You know sort of like Clifford when he was a puppy. Anyway Tom was not home for dinner last night due to the late arrival of a contract. That meant I was responsible for the 2 monsters. No nap was taken by A again. In fact she spent the entire nap time jumping in her crib and singing. Not so tired I guess. So dinner was not going to be a good time.

I was on my last warning for A before she had to sit on the naughty step when I noticed that she was standing on the bench next to me pretending to pour milk from her glass into her hand. I asked what she was doing. She replied, "Fluffy wants some milk. She is thirsty." Ok fine I will play along. I turned to talk to B when all of a sudden I heard the sound of a liquid hitting a solid. I found that A was now really pouring milk into her hand for Fluffy. The only problem was that there was not a real Fluffy to drink it. So it ended up all over the bench, cushion, floor and A. I was so not happy! A's saving grace was that she quickly began chanting in her cute voice "I so sorry mommy, I so sorry!" So we cleaned up and tried to finish eating. Not an easy task I might add.

For an imaginary puppy she sure is starting to make a mess.

5 comments:

Victoria said...

that is great,adorable little A....fluffy better not make a mess next time :)

T3h Qu33n said...

Listen, as long as there is no poo around, you are golden :)

JCR said...

Snaps for keeping your cool. I don't know if I would have, but like you, the "I'm so sorry" chants get me every time, especially when it seems like Tato is genuinely sorry!

Alicia said...

Sounds like Fluffy might get a seat outside during meal time!

Kat said...

I opt for getting Fluffy a bowl. Then she can sit next to A during meals and eat all by herself. No child feeding required!