Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Class of 2016

My first born graduated today. Yes the big kindergarten graduation took place today. It was quite an event. The kids put on a great show of singing, dancing, poems and prayers (it is a catholic school).

I have mixed feelings on this day. I am all for a graduation, but this large production for a 6 year old is a tad nuts. The amount of time and effort that went into this 2 hour event was huge. My time was used often as many of you know. The end result was over and above, but I guess nice to see. It is nice to know that many moms and a few dads, put in a lot of time and love to make this day special for not only their child but the many that are not theirs.

Here is a quick, and I mean quick, video of B getting her diploma. I actually had my camera and the Flip video in both hands at the same time. I am surprised that I actually got a good shot with both of my memory catchers. Note: If you listen to the video you will notice that as B is getting her diploma they are saying the next kid's name. They did not say the wrong name.



My daughter was one of the few that did not receive flowers or a gift. It is only kindergarten right? We will be going to the local ice cream shop after dinner for a "congrats cone". There was at least one mom with a "light blue bag" for her daughter! I kid you not. Can't wait to see what that one gets when she graduates from 8th grade!

But now that the day is over and the milestone is put along side the others on the path of life, I sit back and cry just a tear. This is one more thing to prove to me that my baby is growing up.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

it was quite overdone for kindergarten....wonder what 8th grade will be like...but i agree, she is growing too fast!!! :)

Kat said...

Yeah for B!!!