Sunday, May 18, 2008

Didn't Think It Through

A: Mom I want apple juice please.

Me: Ok, no problem

I quickly get juice and pour into a blue cup. This act results in a loud whine.

A: I don't want that cup!!!

Me: Well, that is the cup your juice is in so if you want juice you will use this cup.

I go back to reading my newspaper. I look up since the whining has stopped. I thought I would find A drinking her juice, but no I found A dumping the juice in the sink.

Me: What are you doing!

A: Now no more juice in blue cup.

Me: (Laughing) Too bad there is no more juice for you smarty pants.

This too back fired for now I had to endure a 15 minute tantrum about apple juice and everything else wrong in her little world. It did not get better when Tom stated that I need to do something about her since he was trying to read the papaer. Let me just say the noise from 1 is not as loud as the noise from 2. Don't think he got much paper read then either.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

oh classic abby..she sure knows how to solve her own problems though...

JCR said...

I love how T said you needed to something about the noise. I get that too, mostly when Heff is on the phone. And I always give him a look...

Jen said...

That is too funny! I am glad I am not the only one dealing with the 'cup' issues!!

Kat said...

Like I said, I will take her. She did have a point, there WAS no more juice - ha ha