Monday, May 12, 2008

The Day After

Well, 2 major events are off the To DO list.

I had a great Mother's Day yesterday as I hope you did too. My husband took both girls to the children's museum for a few hours so I could have some much needed quiet time. This allowed me a chance to call JCR and chat for a good long time without an interruption. I also was able to take a l-o-n-g shower and didn't have to think about cleaning. My family came over for dinner and to celebrate A's 3rd birthday. It was nice to sit and visit for a while since this was mostly Tom's and my Dad's dinner to prepare. As much as I wish I was given this day more often, it was nice to get it at least once for it was special.


I used some of the time in the morning to make the 3 decorations that I used for the cupcake toppers. A requested cupcakes instead of cake. B was even interested in eating helping me make these melted chocolate numbers!



I had to use 2 cans of frosting since I piped it on. Didn't see that coming, but sure glad I had an extra can in the pantry. I have to say I liked the way they can out. I think I will do it again for A's friend party, but will probably spread frosting and use colored sugar around the edges instead. But since the 3s were so easy I will do them again.
A had a great time with her uncle, aunts and grandparents. Her highlight was opening up presents. In fact she went so fast I had to slow her down to finish opening one gift before she began the next. Her best quote of the night I think was...
A: (opening a card with a check from Papa) Wow! What is this?
Uncle B: It is money.
A: OHHHH! I love moneys!
Another good one...
Upon opening a card from Uncle Marty she found a gift card and stated "How sweet of him"
It was a night of fun and family and most of all A being in center stage. She loves that position more than anything. I will post the video soon so you can see for yourself..

1 comment:

Jen said...

Happy Mother's Day and Happy B-Day to A!! The cupcakes look fabulous!! YUMMY!! I wish I was there to eat them!!!!