Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Not The Best Plan

I have been making an effort to plan a month of dinners and then grocery shop twice a month. This does take time, but I am getting better at it. The only real problem is produce doesn't always seem to make it for 2 weeks. I do find that running in for fresh fruit and veggies is still easier and faster than lots of stops during the week for all sorts of stuff.

Tonight I was making a pasta dish and needed shredded mozzarella. No problem, I have a big hunk in the fridge. See I started buying hunks of cheese too since it is better (no preservatives) and cheaper. I got everything I needed out and began the "making dinner during nap time process." I go in the fridge for the cheese, I swear I have some! And...

Crap! Check out my hunk of cheep, no preservatives cheese.

I was thinking of cutting off the moldy parts, but then I decided I would just run to Trader Joe's after I get B from school and pick up some fresh cheese. Good choice I assume.

So after a small cart of other items that we thought we should try like baby kiwi and black raspberry juice we got out of there with our cheese. Dinner was saved and back to planning for the rest of the month. Guess the reason the pre-shredded cheese lasts for so long is reason enough for me to buy it.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

ewwwwwwwwwww that looks like anything but cheese!!! haha

Jen said...

I am all about the preservatives. That is a nasty hunk of cheese!! I remember eating moldy cheese when I was prego with one of the kids and I freaked out. I called the gyno and he said, 'Jenny, cheese is mold!!' Whoops!! Anyway, that is lots of mold!!

T3h Qu33n said...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Kat said...

oh YUCK!!!! That is quite the nastyness.