Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Back to School Shakes

Now I am not talking about the want or need to go back to teaching. Nor am I talking about my own daughter going back to school. I am talking about the uncontrollable need for back to school supplies! I love this time of the year more than Christmas. All the adds showing the newest products and the great deals on pens, pencils, glue and markers! Yes, many of you I'm sure think this is strange, but I find nothing better than a brand new box of crayons, or a never been written in notebook. Some of this could be derived from my teacher instincts, or from my bargain shopper roots. Whatever the reason the next month is wonderful. The only problem is that I really don't have a need for 10 rulers or 20 folders like I did when I was teaching. So I guess I can go get a few things to replenish the art supply box and hope that will be enough to fill the need.





Another plan is to go nuts and donate the supplies to the local food pantry. I'm sure many of you know which way I'm headed :)

2 comments:

Kat said...

I LOOOVVVEE new crayons and the clean crisp page of a new journal...aaahhhh!

JCR said...

When I was little, I'd always have to have a box of 64 crayons that I never actually used. I hated when the tops went flat! I also used to steal office supplies, first from my mom's jobs and then my own. I have a pen addiction.