Thursday, July 5, 2007

Happy 4th





Well our 4th went well. As you can see I had a lot of fun decorating the rides for this year's bike parade. B was sure to win the bike decoration competition this year. But, ALAS! She did not come home a first place winner. She was not happy about it either. I on the other hand am allready thinking of things to do for next year. I still don't know how we did not win with all the sparkle I put on! A's was a last minute job. I had such a migraine while working on B's, that I just wanted to be finished. I think it still looked cute and she liked it. Both girls had a good time in the parade, and at the town's festivities. A and B had at least 2 cotton candies each, as well as a few snow cones. What a special day it was! I have to say that the snow cones for A are juice free. Yes, that means she is happy as can be eating plain shaved ice. Hey, those things are such a mess and a stain maker. I'm not that crazy. Plus what she doesn't know won't hurt right?
Lots of laughs today. Yet holiday or not, we did have some tears. B found out that one of her best friends lost her first tooth, and not getting first place for her bike brought on her water works. I myself cried when I burned the smores pie I was making for dessert.

Just to let you know I really am still awake on the computer at 12:30am. I just finished some apartment hunting for my sister and now off to bed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

man you are the best :) love the pics and the cobbler was better than any smores pie...

JCR said...

Adorable!! How could she not win first place??

Kat said...

Alright overachiever..up past midnight AND blogging! Quite impressive. Love the girl's decorations :)