Monday, July 16, 2007

I Spy...








So this is an actual photo of a space in my house that many of you never see. Perhaps my sister, but she is over a lot. This space will stay clean for only moments and then returns to a mess. No matter how often it is cleared, it will return to mass chaos. If I allowed you to see it on a visit to my house I would take you through the "dining room" and there you would see what most people call a table. I however, call it my crap catcher.

So what can you spy? How many different things can you spy? I swear I will clean it up and put it all where it belongs, but first I must finish my blog :)


I like to believe that each of us have a space just like this. For that reason only am I letting you see mine. It is a space that haunts me some days, and yet when clean it is a wonderful sight. Why is it that I don't like others to see this if I believe we all have it? I guess because then I would not be a "perfect" SAHM (stay at home mom).

So relish in the fact that you don't have a mess like this and for that you are a better SAHM than I. Or take comfort in the fact that I too have a messy part in my house and my kids smile.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

now post the "after" shot....you did a good job :)

JCR said...

Love your picture!!I totally have a space like this! My dining room table is covered all the time: stuff to mail, things I need to return, scrapbook stuff, donations, you name it. We never use the room, but of course it's the first thing you see when you walk in my house.

Jes said...

I would post the after shot, but that would mean I'd have to clean it off again :)

Kat said...

I too am guilty of this space. But I usually leave mine out and don't clean it when people come over :) Though I will say I "moved" all my scrapbooking stuff upstairs and have now taken over the desk unitl I can find adequate storage.