Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Bad Mothering?

I found myself not being a very good mom today. I know some of you will find this hard to believe, but it is true. How could I not be a good mom you ask? Well this morning B was on the computer with A while I finished laundry. Since they were sharing and being good I used this moment to call a friend to complain about my husband. I know, again you can't believe that I would complain. But I did. As I was on the phone A no longer wanted to just watch the computer game. She wanted to press buttons too. B did not like this one bit. So I did the first thing that came to my mind to stop the fighting without ending my phone call. I told A to come here and that I would put on the new Chicka, Chicka Boom,Boom video that we got from the library yesterday. She came running to me, sat down, and began chanting Boom, Boom! So as I finished my phone call I had one child plugged into the computer and the plugged into the TV. Not one of my best mothering moments. But on the plus side I did finish the phone call and soon B came in, sat next to A on the couch, and both watched the end of the video-together, without fighting :) Maybe I'm not so bad after all?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you got to love technology :)

JCR said...

Wait, we're NOT supposed to use TV as a baby-sitter...? Guess I have to return the portable DVD player I bought last week. :)

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, God loves us (SAHMs) That's why he let technology be invented! Might as well not waste the gift!

Kat said...

If it works for a few moments of sanity I say go for it. A little interactive technolgy won't scar them for life....hopefully!!