Tuesday, July 31, 2007

What A Day

My day began yesterday with Tom hurting his back again. This meant I now had 3 kids to take care of. Let me say that the biggest was the worst too. Lucky for us his back is not as bad as last time and he still had good meds from the last time too.

But things continued with B refusing to do any errands while A was at "camp". So I came back home and found out that a few of my bills I have paid on line were late. My Kohl's was sent, but never received. Great for my cash flow and credit report :) After calling the bank I think things are taken care of.

Moving along to playing outside with A and B. "Set up the sprinkler Mommy" "Can we have the water table?" "I'm not having any fun!" and so on and so on. But the best is when I put out the sprinkler and out little neighbor girl runs over in her suit to play too. And where is her mom you might ask? Oh she is no where to be seen. I guess I am now a day care.

Lunch was served and my sister was over. Then off to nap for A. She is really catching on to this nap thing to. If she sleeps she misses all the fun. So lots of tears this time. Alone time with B.
At 2:30 I have to go to mom's house to get sister off the bus since Dad is not home. I like the peace and quiet.

Run back home since kids were left with bad back dad. First, stop at store for flowers and a few items. Grab B and head over to library with flowers for the last book time. Get home to find A all over me again.

Start dinner which is a total anything in the fridge type meal. Tom goes to get glasses and the whole cabinet door falls off. Well almost off. I still need to stop what I'm doing to unscrew the hinges so the door can be fully removed. A then proceeds to want to change seats on the bench and spills her whole plate of food all over the new bench cushion. Did I mention we were having pasta with sauce? Clean that up and B spills her milk! I was just waiting to see what T was going to spill next.

A decides she is not going to eat tonight and goes off to play. Fine with me. B finished and goes on the computer for her daily "computer time". A of course now drops what she is playing with and wants computer time too. I tell her, "not now" which results in me getting hit and being called "stupid" Oh I so love this little temper! She then gets sent to the naughty step.

It does not take but a few seconds for her to come to me from the naughty step with the need for a diaper change and some chewed up carrot pieces. As I go to the stairs I find a few more chewed carrot pieces on the stairs. I question both kids, but to my surprise "no one knows how it happened" No one knows how more carrot pieces got in the sink either by the way. Although A claimed to stand on the toilet and spit them in the sink. Could happen, but I'm not buying it. I think it is the big one not the little one who is responsible.

So with a clean diaper and an apology A is back downstairs at the computer. After a little Elmo fix it is now bed times! Again little miss temper starts and almost looses her story. Both books read, water cups filled, blankets on, and kisses given. I now go downstairs to relax. What a day!

3 comments:

JCR said...

Ah yes, the never-ending day. I hope you have a MUCH better day today! One free of chewed-up carrots at least. :)

I wouldn't mind having to occasionally take care of my own "third child," except that when I'm sick, no one takes care of me.

Anonymous said...

oh man!!! too bad I wasn't there to witness the bulk of that...at least we get to go shop today!

Kat said...

WOW, and there was no mention of alcohol in the whole story...why kind of irish girl are you? Now I don't feel like a bad mommy from our attempt at a phone conversation this morning.