Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Little Helpers

Let me begin by saying the girls have not had much sleep these past days, so they are getting very moody. I was trying to prepare dinner when B came at me for help with another "great" art and craft project. She has been on an art and craft kick all day. Many of her ideas entail me doing most of the work. So needless to say I tried to get her to help me with dinner instead.

Not so willing to help until little A wanted to help too. Now all of a sudden the big sister can't wait to help me. Again, this does not work well when I give each different jobs, yet they still fight over one job. I practically had a full brawl over the baggie of crackers that A was crushing. "So help them if they pop open that bag!" I thought to myself. Well actually I said that line out loud to them. But I'm sure I thought something more vulgar to myself.

After crackers were crushed (into a fine power) the fight over who was going to mix began. I was able to solve this a little due to redirecting B to her art and craft. As I was helping B little A decided to stop using the fork to mix the crab cakes and use her hands. Oh wait she is not using her hands to mix, she is using them to EAT the crab mixture. Apparently she likes the mayo!

So washing of hands and mouth began. Now if they both would just leave me alone for 5 minutes I could be finished. I guess the only way I can get them to leave me alone is to yell at them. This I found out after actually doing it. Poor B had no idea what was going on. She was actually covering her ears as she cried and ran upstairs. Little A did not care that I yelled, she just cared about why B was crying. What a good, sweet sister.

After I calmed down I went upstairs to get B in the bath and found her asleep on her bed. I woke her up and gave her a quick shower. I did not want her to rest now for she would not go to bed later if she did. Little A also wanted a bath the shower was not going to work for her.

I decided to let B stay in the bath so she could make sure A did not drowned while I finished up dinner. Yup- mother of the year!

Funny, Tom came home just as all was good. I did however make him get the girls out of the tub. He was not happy until I informed him that they were all ready washed.

Dinner finished, dishes done, and to bed thy girls have gone. I hope tomorrow is better.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

oh man abby is too hilarious....poor B...yes, hope your day tomorrow goes better!!!

Kat said...

I FEEL your pain. Both of my boys have cold with green noses, which translates to extra whiney. Don't think I slammed my beer that fast last night since college. Crab cakes sound super yummy Martha!!