Saturday, September 22, 2007

What If I was Gone?

I took a few hours "off" today and went to a few stores to return some things. Husband was at home "watching " the kids. Actually he was in the man room watching the football game, but as long as I could count on him to dial 911 if needed I was fine. I enjoyed my alone time and even stopped at the store for a few ingredients he needed for dinner.

When I came home I was informed that there was a small problem.
I asked,"Other than A sleeping extra long?"
Him: Yup.
Me: What could it be?
him: The upstairs toilet is clogged and I can't seem to fix it. So I left it for you to look at.
Me: So you are going back downstairs to watch the game knowing the toilet is clogged?
Him: Yup.
Me: What would you do if I was, dare I say, on vacation or worse dead? Would you never use the toilet?
Him: No, I'd call your dad or a plumber.

Needless to say, I did fix the toilet in no time flat. So all is back to normal. Mom fixing, Dad watching football.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

lol i love that he would call dad, that is hilarious

Kat said...

OUCH! He is on quite the roll with you. Even John winced when I read him that...sorry love. glad you now have the toilet back though :)

JCR said...

I can relate. Somehow I've learned to fix toilets, ice makers, and vacuums, while H does nothing. It's a wonder he survived when I was in Chicago!