Tuesday, September 18, 2007

We Have Reading!


B came home from school yesterday upset that they are beginning to read. I found her being upset a little strange. She loves books and now often speaks in first letters. Her first letter speak goes like this... "Mom can I have a S?" S translated is snack. Anyway, I quickly deduced that since my daughter is a perfectionist, reading is hard for her. Hence she hates it.
It was a nice surprise that I went to the library and picked out a few books while she was at school. We sat down with the pile and she picked this one out. She read it all by herself! I did have to help with a couple of words like "everyone", but I was so excited. We have a reader!!!
She was so proud of herself that she read the book many times during the day. She read it to daddy, and even to little A for her night, night book. I'm sure most of the book is now said from memory, but that is how reading all begins right?
I did go the extra step and asked her at bed time if she still thought reading was "stupid". And with a smile she replied, "Nope, it is easy." Oh my work here is done :)
I will definetly be reserving more Biscuit books from our library.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

that is so exciting!!! i can't wait to hear her, maybe saturday she will read to me :) man she is getting to big

Kat said...

Yeah! I am glad she quickly recovered.