Wednesday, September 5, 2007

What A Great Idea







Yesterday at Grandpa and Grandma's house a clubhouse began. Thanks to creative Grandpa again. There are windows that open, and even a sunroof! The only thing missing was a little color.
My idea for today, so we wouldn't be here with the roofers, was to go paint the clubhouse. What a great idea! The girls had a great time. And by time I mean they painted outside for over an hour. As you can see I had to set a time limit on the painting when the brushes were left at the wayside and the hands were used. I'm not even sure the hands were used to paint as much as the paint was used to cover the hands. It is definitely a bath night tonight too. I just hope I get all the paint off before B goes back to school tomorrow.
The roofers are no longer here, but the roof is not finished. Strange, but perhaps they are out to lunch. Or perhaps they went to get some water. Yesterday they came to work on the roof without water! I found this stupid and my husband found this sad. He actually wanted me to go buy water and give it to them. Now I'm not that mean, I just think if grown men, who do this for a living, don't bring water with them on a 90 degree day why should I give them some? As you can guess I did not bring them any. In my defense I was at my parent's house for most of the day. I figured A was not going to sleep with all the hammering going on. Not that she slept at grandma's either, but it was worth a shot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fun!!! see what i miss when i am away :( hope the roof is coming together nicely

JCR said...

That does look like fun!

I had the same water issue six years ago when we moved into our house. Hello, moving furniture...in August...you're gonna get thirsty. Heff gave them water, even though they broke three of our things!!!

Kat said...

Do you really expect men to think ahead? Geez, water on a hot day...who'd a thunk it?