Monday, September 10, 2007

Sad Day

Today is the day. It is the day that our good friends from across the street are moving. B has been dreading this day for awhile now. One of her best buddies and first crush(buddy's older brother) are moving to Colorado. I too am sad, not because a good friend of mine is moving, but because I know my little girl is sad. It is much different when she is sad than just me being sad.

I don't really think of their move as bad for me. In fact it gives me someone else to chat with on the phone, more mail, another blog to read, and a place to visit. But B finds this as just the worst thing ever." Who will she play with now?" I know in a few weeks she will make a bunch of friends at school to play-date with, but for now this is just sad.

I will have to find something else to do than look out the window at their house and wonder if they are willing to take my daughter for an hour. B will have to find someone else to call to play at any time during the day.

It seems rather fitting that as soon as the movers finished packing the truck it started to rain.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Oh no! I hope she is Ok. I actually have a package for her (from Drake) as soon as I get off my butt and mail it. Hope it cheers her up!

Anonymous said...

We miss you....I think even the sky realized how sad we are! It will be strange not to have our everyday blessed with the Boyles!