Friday, September 7, 2007

Oh No!

Well I can't believe it has happened again. It has been a week without it and again it is gone. What am I talking about, you ask? Our Satellite dish. Yes that means no tv. The roofers took the dish down yesterday to lay the shingles and when the replaced the dish...No workie! I myself have no problem with this, but knowing my husband I knew he would. He was out at a Cubs game so I took it upon myself to call directv and get a repair guy here ASAP. The best ASAP I could get is Saturday morning. I figured that will work since it will be before the Northwestern game and Sunday night football. So I was feeling rather proud of myself. That is until the husband came home.

His first thing to do was, not say hello, not give me a kiss, not check on his girls, not ask about my day. No, it was to call Directv again and demand that they turn on his signal. Like they can do that.

I did mention he had been at the Cubs game right? That would indicate to most that he was not, may I say, sober when he got in. So I felt very sorry for the person on the other end of the phone.

In all of my proud planning I had failed to know that there was a game on that moment that he wanted to see. How could I!? I decided that it was time for me to go to bed after taking a migraine pill. I figured that this conversation was going no where fast and I didn't want to be around for the end result.

fast forward to today... No dish still, and a night filled with many awake hours due to husband not sleeping. Hope it all works out tomorrow and my husband gets his baby back.

No comments: