Tuesday, February 5, 2008

All By Myself

This post started as I thought about going to see a movie alone. My friend Joan brought this topic up. I stated that yes, I would go to a movie alone. But then I began thinking of other things that I would or would not do alone.

Have done alone: eaten in a restaurant, would not do this again I had a horrible time.
shopped alone, have no problem going alone. Almost prefer going alone.
gone to mass, I actually listened instead of focused on kids

Have not done alone: travel. And I mean like far away, not a hour(s)road trip
join a group. I feel like I need to change this one.
go to a party, I would just feel weird alone without friends/husband

Anything I should add to my rather short lists? What things have you done? What would you not do?

3 comments:

JCR said...

I totally agree with eating and shopping. I LOVE shopping alone, and I HATE eating alone. Although once I had Tato, I figured it didn't count as alone, even with a baby. So that seemed OK.

Going to a wedding! I guess that's like going to a party. But once you have a serious b-friend or husband, it's awful going alone.

JCR said...

I thought of one more. After Tulip was born, I stayed in the hospital alone for two nights (and was alone most of the time during the day). I had one brief hospital stay once in Chicago before kids, and I was really scared being alone. (Granted, it was a bit different because I was sick.) But this time, it was really nice! Someone else to take care of the baby and change diapers while I slept...I took full advantage of this!

Kat said...

I also prefer to shop alone. I have gone to a party alone... not so great for me since I am painfully shy. Thankfully God created booze! Travel though.... I am pondering that one. I will get back to you.