Friday, February 22, 2008

Best Friends


Today was the day B has been waiting for all week. Her best school friend was coming over to play. There has been a whole lot of planning going on all week for this play date. B has spent many minutes thinking about what they can play and do while BFF is over.
The morning started out rough and early (5:45). B did not like the idea that even on a day off of school she had to eat breakfast in the kitchen. She also did not like being told that there would be some major pickin' up before BFF came over. I tried to ease the pain by making pink chocolate chip pancakes. It seemed to do the trick.
B had to attend A's ballet lesson and wait till after BFF was finished with her conference at school before the play date happened. We decided that a stop at the bakery to pick out "special" cookies was in order. (Yes, I do feed my child through her pain)
At 10:45 it was play date time!!! The girls were great. I had to keep little A busy so she would not bother them while they played. This as some of you know is no easy task. I did manage to keep her busy with glue and foam shapes. We also did a lot of stamping. It was nice and A even said it was fun. I guess tv doesn't win every time.
I knew the girls were having such a good time I almost called mom to ask her if BFF could stay longer. I figured, however that for the first play date I better end it before it gets ugly. I mean 2 hours is good enough, right?
They had a great time and BFF is a sweet girl. I am glad they are best friends. I only hope B continues to pick the good ones to hang with as she gets older.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

aww!! hooray for B!!!

T3h Qu33n said...

Awww..she is growing up so fast! I am glad the playdate when great!!

Wait a minute, did you say pink pancakes? I need the recepie for those puppies.

JCR said...

It's sweet that she was so excited! I also want to know how to make pink pancakes!! Spill!!