Saturday, February 2, 2008

Early To Bed, Early To Rise...

Wednesday night Tom and I fell asleep on the couch watching Cars (too lazy to stop it from the girl's viewing) at 8:15. By 8:45 we both decided to go up to bed. So by 5:00am I seemed to be rather awake. Being awake, I began running my TO DO list over in my head. The number one item was grocery shopping. I had made my monthly menu and went through the sale flyer to create my list the day before. Now the only thing I had to do was find time to go to the store. Easy right?

I was thinking of peapod since they deliver, but many of the items were on sale at Jewel. I just hated the thought of going with A. She is good, but we have all read past blogs of our shopping excursions. Plus, I knew this trip would take longer since it was a monthly trip, not a quick re-stock trip. I decided that since I was awake I would head to the store and get it all finished before the girls woke up. This way I could even bring home the needed milk before breakfast. A perfect plan!

Sweat pants and bra later, I was off to Jewel. Now it is 5:30. I figured this was a win win. No kids, no people, all sale items fully stocked, and shelves brimming with food that they had all night to stock. Well, let's just say that my reality was not at all like my vision.

For starters, the store was not fully stocked. In fact many things were not out at all. Most of the produce section was bare. The new sale prices were not up on many products. Because of no labled items I was unable to remember what was on sale. So I had to go get a flyer and use that while I shopped too. These problems added time to my quick trip. So all in all it was nice to wander without kids, but it took much longer than I had planned.

I will think a little more the next time I want to get out of bed to go to the store at 5:30 in the morning! Early to bed, more sleep for me!

1 comment:

Kat said...

I have another name for this...psycho crazy lady!! Stay in bed and enjoy the silence :)