Sunday, February 10, 2008

Potty Day 1

Today it is again below zero. So I decided it would be a good day to try potty training again. We tried a long time ago, but there was a tad bit of refusal. So I let it go. I wanted to get the ball rolling again without making it seem like it was all my idea. I smartly began with "What do you want to wear today A, undies or diaper?" I was surprised and pleased when she responded with "undies". I ran to get the drawer so she could pick the pair.
Needless to say the first pair got wet quickly. She wanted more so I went with it. Lucky for me we have 6 pairs of training pants. I like to start with these since they are thicker than regular panties. By the end of the day we had moved to no more pants just undies and down a few more pairs. I did move to chocolate chip rewards for sitting on the potty. Even B wanted in on the chip action. Dad stated that if B got A to pee on the potty she too could have 2 chips. Sure enough by 6:45 A peed on the potty thanks to big sister. I even raised the reward to a marshmallow instead of 2 chocolate chips. Funny thing is that A's biggest thrill about the whole event was that she "got to wipe with paper." She made a point of telling all this exciting part of the potty. I am looking forward to tomorrow with high hopes. My only problem will be that on Tuesday we have to go back out into the real world and I'm not sure I want to try the undies there just yet.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

hehe too cute, she sure was proud of the "wiping with paper" part :) nice new page changes!

JCR said...

PINK! How girly! :)

.mk. said...

You have your daughter posted online in her underwear? I'm thinking this is not a good idea.